Beet and Berry Smoothie
Super healthy beet and berry smoothie recipe. Feel refreshed and energized with this thick, creamy, and delicious smoothie!
- 6 oz. beets, peeled and chopped (about 1 small beet or 1 cup chopped beet)
- 1 banana, torn or cut into large chunks
- 3/4 cup frozen berries, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or a mix
- 1/2 cup almond milk
Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
Taste smoothie and add more milk if you would like a thinner texture
Pour into a glass or jar. Serve immediately.
Storage: This smoothie is best consumed immediately after making.
Alternatives: If you'd like to experiment with variations to this smoothie recipe, here are a few substitution ideas:
Equipment: I just use a cheap blender, but this Vitamix is the best blender you can buy. I'm sure you'd get better results using this.
- Use apple juice, orange juice, oat milk, whole milk, cocnut milk, or soy milk instead of almond milk.
- Add in a common superfood like flax seed, hemp seed, coconut flakes, chia seed, bee pollen, or protein powder to make this smoothie even healthier.
- Use coconut milk and add in coconut flakes and coconut oil to make this a coconut beet smoothie.
Serving: 1.25cupCalories: 259kcalCarbohydrates: 33.2gProtein: 3.9gFat: 14.8gSaturated Fat: 12.8gSodium: 75mgPotassium: 670mgFiber: 5.9gSugar: 21.4gCalcium: 27mgIron: 3mg