Vegan White Bean and Greens Soup
Want to make an easy and healthy vegan soup that uses basic ingredients? Try this vegan white bean and greens soup on a cold day or when you are sick!
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 cups dried baby lima beans, cannellini beans, navy beans, or chickpeas, soaked overnight, drained
- 10 cups water
- 6 oz. chard, collard, or kale leaves, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup or 1/2 bunch)
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Yogurt (or non-dairy yogurt)
Heat oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add carrot and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and golden brown, about 6-8 minutes.
Add garlic and beans. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Add 10 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally until beans are almost fully cooked, 50-60 minutes.
Add greens to the pot. Cook until greens are wilted and the beans are fully cooked, 15-20 minutes.
Stir in vinegar and season with salt.
Calories: 277kcalFat: 10.1g