Spinach Salad Panzanella Style
Put a twist on panzanella with this spinach salad with bread recipe. Make this simple spinach salad as a filling, make-ahead, and flavorful meal.
- 6 oz. bread, torn into bite sized pieces (about 4 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 bag or bunch of spinach, thinly sliced (4-5 oz.)
- 1 cup parsley, leaves and tender stems
- 1/2 cup kalamata or any green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 bulb kohlrabi, peeled, and thinly sliced (about 4 oz.)
- 2 oz. Parmesan, shaved
- 1/2 cup Basic Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Toss bread pieces with olive oil and salt on a baking sheet. Roast 8-10 minutes until crispy on the outside, but still chewy in the center. Let cool for a few minutes.
While bread is roasting and cooling, make the salad and the dressing if you do not already have it prepped. To make dressing, add olive oil, vinegar, and Dijon to a resealable jar. Cover jar and shake for about 20 seconds to emulsify the dressing. Season with salt.
Add dressing to a large bowl. Add spinach, parsley, olives, kohlrabi, parmesan, and bread to the bowl and toss to coat. Serve immediately or the next day.
Calories: 406kcalFat: 30.3g