Beet and Carrot Slaw with Raisins and Nuts
Easy beet and carrot slaw recipe with raisins and almonds. This healthy beet slaw is a perfect vegan side dish. Who knew raw beets tasted so great?
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 3/4 pound beets, peeled, grated or cut into matchsticks ( about 2 medium beets)
- 1/2 pound carrots, grated or cut into matchsticks
- 1 lemon, juice only (about 2 tbsp.)
- 3/4 cup lightly packed cilantro
- 1/2 cup almonds, pecans, or pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Add white wine vinegar, raisins, and garlic to a large bowl. Let sit while you prep the beets and carrots.
Add beets, carrots, cilantro, nuts, salt, and lemon juice to the bowl. Toss to combine. Add olive oil and gently toss again to combine.
Serve immediately or store 4-5 days covered in the refrigerator.
Calories: 271kcalFat: 16.4g