Some links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning we earn a commission on any purchases you make using the link at no cost to you.
Marinated Chickpeas Perfect for Meal Prep or a Quick Meal
Look, I know beans can be boring without putting in some effort to make them more interesting.
But, it doesn’t take much work at all to increase their tastiness.
Case in point: this marinated chickpea recipe that only takes 15 minutes to make.
The deliciousness to amount of effort ratio on this recipe is off the charts. It is perfect for a make ahead appetizer with some toasted bread or meal prep for the week. You may even notice that they taste better after a day or two.
How Long Will These Marinated Chickpeas Keep?
The chickpeas will keep for 3-4 days covered in the refrigerator. Reheat or let come to room temperature.
How Can I Use These Marinated Chickpeas For Meal Prep?
This recipe produces about 3 cups. Simply increase the amounts of each ingredient in the same ratios for a larger yield. Note that one 15 oz. can of chickpeas is about 1.5 cups of drained chickpeas.
Using dried beans makes this a very economical recipe. It would only cost a few dollars to make a weeks worth of these beans. If you’re not sure how to cook dried beans, check out this guide:
Here are some canned vs. dried vs. cooked bean conversions that you may find useful if you are scaling this recipe.
Can I Use a Different Type of Bean?
Definitely! Great northern, cannellini, baby lima, navy beans, or a mixture of them would work great.
What Should I Serve These Chickpeas With?
This chickpea dish can be eaten on its own for a meal. But, it is also a delicious and healthy side dish. Here are some recipes that would match perfectly with this salad to make a filling, delicious meal:
- Asian Slaw Grain Salad with Tofu
15 Minute Marinated Chickpeas Perfect for Meal Prep
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 3 leaves of kale, stems removed, finely chopped
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained (or 3 cups of cooked dried chickpeas)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- Kosher salt
- Combine shallot and vinegar in a small bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add kale to a large bowl. Add olive oil and red pepper (if using). Season with salt.
- Add drained chickpeas to kale mixture. Toss and season generously with salt.
- Add shallot mixture to chickpeas and toss to combine..
2 thoughts on “15 Minute Marinated Chickpeas”
Just made this today and it’s delicious! I switched out the kale for spinach and added garlic and I love it! Thanks for sharing, chickpeas RULE!
Sounds awesome! Thanks for trying it out. I totally agree that chickpeas are great!