Creamy and Citrusy Carrot Salad Dressing That Brightens Up Your Meals
The technique to make this creamy carrot and lime dressing is a game changer.
It swaps out some oil you’d typically use for a dressing or vinaigrette for nutritious carrots.
The best part:
You don’t even have to cook the carrots.
Do you want a beautiful dressing to brighten up – in taste and appearance – your salads, vegetables, and grain bowls?
This creamy carrot and lime salad dressing will do just that. Simply grab a few ingredients, toss them in a blender, process and you have a delicious dressing you can use throughout the week!
You will feel like Picasso painting an orange masterpiece as you fancy up your dishes throughout the week.
How Long Will This Creamy Salad Dressing Keep?
The dressing will keep at least 3-4 days, covered in the refrigerator. It will thicken up a bit when cold. So, leave it out at room temperature for a few minutes before using if needed.
How Can I Use this for Meal Prep?
This recipe produces about 1.5 cups. Scale up if you want to make more than that. I like this amount since it will only last 3-4 days.
Do I Need a Blender to Make this Creamy Salad Dressing?
You’ll need a blender to make this creamy dressing.
Blenders combine liquid ingredients and softer solids into a smooth and uniform emulsion. The function of a blender is one of the few things that can’t be replicated without an appliance.
Blenders are the only tool you need to make smoothies, soups, dressings, purees, and/or nut butters.
What Can I Use this Dressing On?
This is a super versatile dressing. It brightens up whatever you put it on because of the citrus.
The dressing is gorgeous. So, have fun styling your dishes!
It is great on salads, grain bowls, and roasted vegetables. I love it on lighter meats like chicken and pork too. Serve it aside a pork chop or pork loin for a tasty main course.
Want More Dressings? Check These Out.
Tasty sauces and dressings are a secret weapon for any cook. They can turn a dish from average to delicious in a matter of seconds.
Top off a dish with one of these delicious recipes and it will taste better:
Creamy Carrot and Lime Dressing
- 2 medium carrots, grated using the large holes on a box grater
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 scallion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1/4 cup olive oil (preferably extra virgin)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend for about 1 minute Scrape down the sides of the blender and blend for another 10 seconds or until the dressing is creamy and ingredients are fully processed. Taste and add salt if necessary.
- Use dressing immediately or transfer to a resealable container. Cover and store in the refrigerator. The dressing will last 3-4 days covered in the refrigerator.