Seriously, this homemade balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing is only two ingredients.
Why add any more when it is already delicious?
This simple two ingredient balsamic vinaigrette dressing will be the easiest homemade dressing that you will have in your cooking toolbox. Prepare the dressing in a jar so you will have on hand for any meal prep.
If you want to increase your salad consumption, having this dressing on hand is a step in the right direction.
How Long Will This Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing Keep?
It will keep for up to 1 month covered in the refrigerator. Leave it out at room temperature for 15-30 minutes or toss it in the microwave (remember to remove the lid if it is metal) for the oil to liquify. Give it a good shake before using.
How Can I Use This Easy Balsamic Vinaigrette?
Salads! This is an essential salad dressing that will brighten up any fresh, raw salad greens.
Are There Any Optional Ingredients?
You can add Dijon mustard. It is listed as an optional ingredient below. The mustard will help the dressing stay together. It will also make the dressing a bit more tangy and creamy.
Want More Dressings? Check These Out.
Tasty sauces and dressings are a secret weapon for any cook. They can turn a dish from average to delicious in a matter of seconds.
Top off a dish with one of these delicious recipes and it will taste better:
Easy Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil (preferably extra virgin)
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard (optional)
- Kosher salt
- Add olive oil, vinegar, Dijon (if using), to a resealable jar large enough to hold 2 1/4 cups.
- Cover jar and shake for about 20 seconds to emulsify the dressing.
- Season with salt.
- Cover and chill for up to 1 month.
- To reuse, remove from refrigerator, let come to room temperature for the oil to liquify, and shake to re-emulsify.